SSA #42 2017 Intern Opportunity
Download South Shore Summer Festival Intern PDF.
The SSA #42 boundaries are:
- 71st from Kimbark Ave. to South Shore Drive
- Stony Island 67th to 73rd on the eastside
- Stony Island 67th to 79th on the westside
Proposals are due by Monday, November 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm. Two hard copies must be delivered to South Shore Chamber, 1750 E. 71st Street and one electronic copy sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSA #42 Reconstitution
Click Here for SSA #42 Reconstitution Support Form
Commissioner Meeting Schedule
2016: View/Download PDF
View All Scheduled, Special, Emergency and Cancelled Meetings on Events Calendar
2016: SSA #42 PDF
2015: SSA #42 PDF
2014: SSA #42 PDF
2013: SSA #42 PDF
What is SSA #42?
SSA Stands for “S” Special; “S” Service; “A”Area #42. SSA #42 is the South Shore community’s SSA number.
How do I as a business and/or resident benefit from being in SSA #42 Commercial Corridor?
Businesses and residents within SSA #42 boundaries receive Special Services for
- Five (5) hours a week of beautification for streets, side walk sweeping and litter removal,
- In winter months, snow removal at bus stops and sidewalks in all
SSA #42 areas are prioritized,
- SSA #42 area’s are banner decorated to colorize the designation of the commercial corridor distinction,
- SSA #42 areas are provided private security patrol on foot along the commercial corridor. Officers are highly visible as a deterrent to crime.
Who pays for these services?
The SSA #42 is a result of the efforts of 5th Ward Alderman Leslie A. Hairston and the South Shore Chamber, Inc. and a tax levy from businesses in the SSA #42 .